About the Role
The Pipeline TD is responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, support for artists, and general troubleshooting within the studio's full-CG pipeline. The main focus is on ensuring the efficiency of artists and eliminating potential sources of error.
• Develop and maintain pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, project-related production requirements and enhance and expand existing tools.
• Monitoring of e-mail inquiries and the ticket system
• Testing and validation of tools and techniques in production. Close cooperation with the CG supervisor as well as the supervisors of the individual departments to test and release new and modified software systems.
• Independent identification of daily priorities in cooperation with supervisors
• Understanding the interrelationships of the entire pipeline
• Development of comprehensive knowledge of software and systems
• Co-development of standards and conventions that are used in production.
• Creation and maintenance of documentation for the pipeline and tools
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related technical field.
• Proven experience in the development and maintenance of tools for use in computer graphics.
• At least 3 years of production experience in feature/series animation projects.
• Fluent in English, German a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows; Linux is a plus
• Advanced Python scripting required
• Experience in Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Solaris, Substance, Arnold, Deadline, Shotgrid, git
• Ability to communicate across disciplines and provide innovative solutions to pipeline problems.
• Detail-oriented and strong self-sufficient problem solver.
• Thorough understanding of the entire CG workflow of modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing
• Experience with production database systems
• Experience with C, C++ an advantage
• Experience with Django is an advantage
• Experience with Windows development and applications is an advantage
• Basic understanding of USD concepts is an advantage
About the Company
Established in 1999, M.A.R.K.13™ caters in high-class film-production, 2D & 3D-Animation, VFX and digital post-production. The company is run by CEO’s Dominique Schuchmann and Holger Weiss, both of them being alumni of the well-known Filmacademy in Ludwigsburg.
M.A.R.K.13™ is divided into the companies: M.A.R.K.13 - COM, M.A.R.K.13 - STUDIOS and PENG! BOOM! TSCHAK! - Films.
M.A.R.K.13 - COM is a service production company for the advertising and communication sector, that delivers everything from concept, through film production, animation, VFX and motion-graphics until the final playout. Their clients include numerous agencies and big industry players like Audi AG, BBDO, BMW AG, Daimler AG, Interstuhl, Jung von Matt, NIKON, Ogilvy and ZF AG.
M.A.R.K.13 - STUDIOS produces CGI animation features and tv-shows for entertainment clients. Having successfully contributed to feature films like “Maya the Bee 1 & 2”, “Knight Rusty 1 & 2”, “Pettersson & Findus 2” and “Vic the Viking - The Magic Sword”.
PENG! BOOM! TSCHAK! – Films has been founded by the filmmakers to give the ambitions for creating own
IPs a roof. PBT-Films is a classical film production company.
Works by M.A.R.K.13™ have been awarded nationally and internationally on multiple occasions, in places
such as Cannes Lions, New York Festivals and Mobius Awards.
M.A.R.K.13™ is a member of the German producers’ alliance (sections: animation & commercial), the AMCRS
(Animation Media Cluster Region Stuttgart).